HOW ACUPUNCTURE WORKS TO RELIEVE PAIN ?
In this article, we will ponder on the working of acupuncture and how it is treated. So, if you are looking for an Acupuncture Therapy in Surrey, BC to treat your pain. Well, I recommend you to go with the top amazing physiotherapy and rehabilitation services provider.
All-Pro Physio is a leader and is committed to providing the best treatment to their patients. It specializes in the services like Back pain, Physiotherapy, Vestibular rehab, TMJ Disorder management, Tapping Therapy, Telehealth treatment, etc. They strive to provide one of the most affordable and best treatments.
How does Acupuncture Therapy in Surrey, BC work?
Based on a person’s ailments and symptoms presented, an acupuncture practitioner will conduct an initial evaluation of the painful area, and the quality of the pulse in the wrist. Based on this examination, a treatment plan is created, which for a single person usually involves six to twelve sessions, scheduled over a few months.
What is involved in Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is an ancient technique that is being used by modern medical science to treat such kinds of chronic pain conditions.
Acupuncture is a treatment that uses a very thin steel needle inserted into the skin to stimulate specific points in the body. The goal of this treatment is to relieve pain and improve health conditions. Acupuncture is also a technique that balances the flow of life force or energy through pathways or meridians in the body. Rebalance the energy flow.
Process of Acupuncture is executed in the following steps:
The practitioner guides a patient to lie on a padded table at the start of the treatment which takes place in three steps as follows –
- Needle insertion – The needles used in Acupuncture are safe but may cause minor discomfort. The person will experience a deep aching sensation once the needle reaches its required depth.
- Needle movement – The practitioner may move the needle once they are in position. Sometimes heat or mild electrical pulses are applied to the needles.
- Needle removal – The patient is asked to lie still and relax during the acupuncture session, which typically lasts between 10 to 20 minutes. Then, needles will be removed. Usually pain is not felt while removing. Post acupuncture treatment, people may feel energetic or relaxed. However, not everyone may respond to acupuncture, and also it might not be the right treatment for a person if symptoms fail to improve after a few sessions.
What happens after an acupuncture treatment?
Acupuncture has a calming effect, so you may want to get a rider home from your appointments, especially the first one. If that’s not possible, try to rest for five to ten minutes before you drive.
Effectiveness of Acupuncture –
Acupuncture is often helpful in chronic pain including neck pain, back pain and osteoarthritis. It also may help in reducing the frequency of tension, and headaches and prevent migraine headaches. Acupuncture appears to be a favorable option for people who are suffering from chronic pain. Current evidence suggests that many factors like expectations and beliefs that are unrelated to acupuncture needling may play important roles in the beneficial effects of acupuncture on pain.
Safety of Acupuncture –
undoubtedly, Acupuncture is a magical treatment to relieve the pain but make sure it is performed by an experienced, well–trained practitioner. If you are performing acupuncture physiotherapy Improperly that can cause serious side effects..
What conditions does Acupuncture Physiotherapy treat?
Acupuncture can treat many types of health issues, including:
- Back pain, neck pain, or muscle pain
- Headaches and migraines
- Knee pain
- Menstrual cramps
- Sports injuries.
Other conditions acupuncture may help with include –
- Cancer and cancer treatment side effects.
- Face pain and other nerve discomfort.
- Immune system problems.
- Irritable bowel syndrome.
- Menopause and hot flashes.
- Pregnancy discomfort.
- Repetitive Strain disorders and overuse syndrome.
Major benefits of Acupuncture –
- Acupuncture is well-known therapy when it comes to reducing stress. It also helps mellow out and stimulates the nervous system.
- Acupuncture Physiotherapy in Surrey, BC can strengthen the overall performance of the immune system. Acupuncture therapy helps to kill pathogens by enhancing the body’s immune system.
- Headache is a chronic condition in the body that may get serious when not paid attention to in a proper way. According to the researchers, acupuncture can reduce migraines and may have long-lasting effects.
- When a patient takes acupuncture therapy then there happens an activity in which the releases of chemicals that stimulate the central nervous system that may trigger the production of chemicals in the spinal cord, muscles, and brain. These chemicals alter the feeling of pain and promote a sense of well-being.
- Acupuncture Physiotherapy helps to bring down pain and inflammation that helps to regulate stomach acid and balances the gut-brain axis.
- Acupuncture helps in overcoming eye strain problems, but it also treats the following eye problems –
Macular degeneration. Retinitis pigmentosa. And other retinal diseases.
Acupuncture for the eye is majorly focused on boosting the circulation of blood around the eye. Acupuncture can cause a reduction in the temperature of the eye that lessens the evaporation of the tears throughout the day.
Side Effects of Acupuncture can be:
- While insertion, bruising, bleeding, and soreness may occur.
- Unsterilized needles may lead to infection.
- if the needle breaks, it can damage an internal organ (rare case)
Acupuncture Physiotherapy in Surrey, BC is a traditional complementary therapy that has a historic origin in china.. Acupuncture helps manage chronic pain, OA, headache, and migraine. This treatment may involve little side effects, An experienced professional from All-Pro Physio is recommended. The goal is to relieve a health condition or symptoms such as pain. The amount of time the efforts of Acupuncture last largely depends on the individual’s age, gender, symptoms, and treatments they are receiving.